I picked up this meme from Kirsty and thought it seemed like some fun - I've been a bit bogged down with mundane work this week, so I haven't anything more interesting to post. Here goes...
A) Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Admin Manager/IT support/Accounts Clerk/Secretary - I've done different versions of this job since I was 16, right up until 2.5 years ago when I threw it all in. There were some gaps in between various jobs and having babies, filled by...
2. Waitressing - a whole different lifestyle, but good fun at times, and
3. Domestic - in a nursing home. Saddest job I ever had, but geez all that running was good for my figure!
4. Professional quilter/Quilting Teacher/Designer/Artist - the job I have now. Took a while to settle in, hardest boss I've ever had (me), certainly won't make me rich, but I love it and wouldn't change it for the world.
PS. I've never considered motherhood a job, more like an extreme endurance sport!!
B) Four movies you would watch over and over:
1. Love, Actually (feel good but not corny, awesome British cast)
2. When Harry Met Sally (yep, this one too)
3. Ferris Beuller's Day Off
plus Fargo, Twister, As Good As It Gets, Pulp Fiction, Rocky Horror, Grease, all the rest.
C) Four places you have lived:
1. Wollongong, NSW, Australia
2. Armidale, northern NSW
4. Tamworth, northern NSW
5. Wollongong (I've got a pattern going,too)
D) Four TV shows you love to watch:
1. Spicks & Specks - ABC music quiz show (the original & best) - hilariously funny (plus I know heaps of the answers)
2. The Sopranos - a show that can make you fall in love with vicious mob criminals has to be good.
3. Dr Who - I don't go out on Saturday nights when Dr Who is on. I just don't. I thought the new Dr last season was amazing, and this season's Dr is even better. Loved it when I was a kid too, but back then the Dr was never sexy!!
4. My name is Nic Bridges & I'm addicted to CSI - is there a 12 step program for this??
E) Four places you have been on vacation: Hmmm, we've mostly been too broke for holidays - I never even had a honeymoon as I'd just started a new job and when we lived in Tamworth holidays were spent visiting family, but here goes...
1. Houston Quilt Festival - last year, my first trip OS and definitely my most memorable trip, with my great friend Lisa.
2. Tasmania - I used to travel there frequently for work, and had a couple of lovely weekend's there, extending working trips. Definitely somewhere I'll visit again.
3. NSW seaside resort towns - a day at the beach is part of every Aussie's childhood, and I've spent my fair share of time enjoying the coast, and brought my kids there too.
4. Brisbane/Gold Coast QLD - we have relatives there now, so it's fun to visit & do the tourist things while we're there.
F) Websites you visit daily
1. Blogs have become my obsession this year - I must visit my favourites (and there are many) every day to see how my online friends are doing.
2. Gmail - the best web-based mail. Email has been my saviour since I began working from home (talking to the dogs all day will send you a bit crazy after a while).
3. E-bay - a recent addition to my online routine.
4. Wherever my links will take me - I follow links on emails and blogs and seem to end up in some wild and wonderful places.
G) Four of my favourite foods
1. Bananas - I'm so banana-deprived at the moment (due to Cyclone Larry wiping out banana plantations earlier this year, for non-Aussies) that I have been driven to occasionally pay the exorbitant prices being asked at the fruit shop.
2. Chocolate & coffee - go without saying, they are the essentials of life.
3. Asian food, particularly Vietnamese food such as satay chicken, fresh ricepaper rolls, spicy salty prawns.
4. Good italian food - my own risotto and spaghetti a'la matriciana are current favourites.
H) Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Anywhere, everywhere - I have the desire to travel without the means, so I dream and live vicariously through my online friends.
2. I would love to drive across America with my hubby Rob and see the big cities and small, country towns, all those amazing places.
3. Europe - don't think I'll ever get Rob to go there, but the art and the history and the diversity are fascinating to me.
4. England, Scotland, Ireland - land of our ancestors, one day I'll get there. Here in Australia we have no history, compared to such ancientness and history - the oldest we have here is only about 200 years old, so I'm fascinated by crumbling ruins and antiquities.
If anyone has made it this far, and wants to pick this meme up - let me know in comments so I can read all about you!!