Sunday, September 03, 2006

It grew.....

I really liked that postcard I made last weekend, and I also got some lovely positive feedback from people I'd showed. So I thought it was worth using the same design in a larger piece.

I am quite pleased with how it has turned out, particularly the texture which was achieved by quilting the poor thing nearly to death. Lines of stitching range from 1/8" to 1/4" apart. I LOOOOVVVVE heavy stitching like this, it just delights me.

I need to come up with a name for this one, so if any of you have any bright ideas, I'd love to hear them.

I've had a particularly full-on week - my 10yo daughter has been participating in a regional school dance festival which has kept me running, between rehearsals and several performances.

Besides my "mum's taxi" duties, I've taught two classes, finished three quilts plus a class sample, written up class notes and had to deal with the death of our new budgie for no apparent reason.

I'm tired and frazzled, and although it's Father's Day today, this mum needs a day off. I should be working, but I'm going to take it easy, have lunch with my family and maybe hand-stitch a binding. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Susan said...

The only name that occurs to me is some variation on Tic, Tac, Toe, although it's too lovely a quilt for something so mundane! How big is it?

Darcie said...

Love this one too. Quilted to death. There's no other way, is there?!? LOL

I haven't read far enough into your blog...but are these your own hand dyeds? They are delightful!