Thursday, April 05, 2007

Art School Update

Whew!!! A busy week at art school this week - it's the end of first term so we have been sort of wrapping up some of our projects.

Here are two of my Printmaking efforts - the first is from a sketch of the view from my spare bedroom window, towards Mt Keira and Mt Nebo.


And this one is based on a photograph I took at the Nan Tien temple, one of their gorgeous Buddha statues. I really enjoy the etching and aquatint - very process-driven, which suits the methodical side of my nature.


This set of drawings of Briony resulted from Tuesday's Life Drawing class. We did four 10-15 minute sketches in different poses, then one longer pose (the larger drawing in the centre). I have seen a definite improvement in my approach to figure drawing in the past ten weeks.





This colour exercise was fun. We collaged prints of photographs taken around the campus of objects in the three primary colours. Yellow...




Blue...


Red...
We've spent a couple of weeks working on these large coil-built heads in Sculpture class. To give an idea of the scale, I'd say this piece is around three times bigger than life size (in other words, quite big - I had to stand on a box to complete the top of the skull). I'm thrilled with mine, and will stress out about possible damage occurring over the two week Easter break.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW - How diverse! No wonder your having so much fun.