Wednesday, June 27, 2007

BIG News from a tired but happy blogger

WOW, what a day it has been today! I've been bouncing off the ceiling and grinning from ear to ear all day whilst working at the show, so I'm too exhausted to write too much. However, I'm thrilled and delighted to tell you that my Crossroads quilt won 1st prize in the Small or Wall Quilt - Professional section at the Sydney Quilt Show today. I am equally if not more chuffed to say that my client and friend Lisa Walton's quilt Squared Up won 1st prize in the Commercially Machine Quilted Section (Lisa also got a 2nd prize in the Anything Goes category for her Sheer Magic quilt). And to top it off my newest quilt, a wholecloth called Welcoming the Bluebird of Happiness won 2nd prize in the Traditional - Professional category.

I am absolutely over the moon! I'm not at home, so have no access to any photos. But if you check out the guild website you'll find pictures of all the prizewinners. And you'll see the spectacular Best of Show by Mariya Waters (one of my quilting heroes, and the quilt is just amazing).

No comments: