Monday, January 29, 2007

Six Things


I'm a bit late picking up this tag from my good friend Lisa, but I guess late is better than never? So now I have to think of six weird things about me....

1. I love the smell of wet paint - whether it's oil paint from my latest project or a freshly painted room, it's one of the world's most exciting smells.

2. I can't get rid of used books. Even if they're old ones, if I didn't particularly like them much, I have to hang on them. It's like they're sort of sacred or special and shouldn't be desecrated.

3. I am the oldest child in my family, and I am married to Rob who is the oldest in his family - I believe firstborns/eldest siblings have a different outlook on life, a different sense of responsibility and duty (not necessarily better, but different).

4. I am married to my childhood sweetheart - Rob & I have been together since I was 14 years old, more than half of my life. I am often surprised by how rare this is, and how special.

5. I can't stand the taste or smell of mangoes or fresh coriander - both smell rotten to me and make me want to throw up. The mangoes don't particularly worry me, but I love asian food so the coriander thing is quite inconvenient.

6. I hate breakfast in bed. Teachers etc seem to encourage children that Mum's love to have their brekky brought to them in bed on mother's day and such festive occasions, but I can't actually think of anything worse than crumbs in my bed & spilled tea on my doona.

So there you have it - six quirky things about me, perhaps not the weirdest there are but ones I'm willing to share with you all. So now I need to refer you all on to my six favourite blogs (excluding the ones who have already been tagged for this one).

Melody - one of my fave fibre artists, constant inspiration
Deb - her red shoe ramblings are always entertaining

Susannah - interesting writings from the UK

Denise - the amazing spirit of a bohemian soul

Darlene - an incredible woman, an amazing mother

J9 - my partner in crime, holding my hand in our forays into the art world

1 comment:

Susan said...

I'm with you on the breakfast in bed and the books. Of course, I hardly ever meet a book I don't like. I have no taste - I just love the written word! Except horror. That's one genre I can't do.

It's fabulous that you've spent so much of your life with Rob, and are still happy to do so. DH and I are approaching 2/3 of our lives together (minus military jaunts) and I wouldn't trade him for anything.