Sunday, July 15, 2007

Another Sunday Flies By...

Today was another busy Sunday, had a quiet coffee this morning, painted for a little while, then headed over to Mum's place for lunch. My "Earth Mother" quilt had just arrived back from its travels with the "I Remember Mama" exhibition, and it was time to take it to it's final home. For those who are not familiar, the quilt is a portrait of my late grandmother who was (and continues to be) my biggest inspiration in my life. We still miss her so much, my Mum most of all - she was so not ready to lose Nan. So, this quilt has always been for her - I know she will love it. It now hangs in pride of place in Mum's dining room.


It has been another busy week, but with many distractions with Rob and the kids home on holidays from school and work. I found it hard to settle down and get much work done, but I did finally clean off my desk - I really needed to clear some space to work. See how nice it looks?


I fear it won't stay that way for long.

This week is back to school for the kids as well as me, plus I have two new groups of Contemporary Techniques classes starting - all systems are go!!

3 comments:

Susan said...

That is a beautiful quilt. I like it each time I see it. I know your mother will enjoy looking at it every day. Your desk looks great, but I always think a creative mind is not a tidy mind, so I have no doubt it will be back to "normal" in a while. =)

PaMdora said...

Hi Nic, Thanks for your email. Congrats on your recent award -- you look great in front of your quilt! Nice to see you getting settled back home.

Anonymous said...

The quilt is beautiful, as is the desk top...I wish that mine looked like that!