Saturday, April 08, 2006

An introduction...

Here I am, with my very own blogspot!! I've been suffering for ages with a terrible, slow dial-up connection - absolutely good for nothing. So, last week I finally got broadband access, and now I can finally have a blog of my very own. There are lots of blogs I check out every day - I love to drop in and see how my friends are doing! Maybe someone out there will be interested in my life too. If not, at least having this blog will encourage me to write on a regular basis - I'm shocking at keeping a journal, but determined to keep trying.

So, a little bit about me... I am Nic Bridges - just turned 37, full-time professional longarm quilter, living in the suburbs of Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia (just south of Sydney). I have a wonderful husband (Rob) and two great kids (Adam 14 & Emma 10). I've wanted to be an artist for as long as I can remember, and two years ago decided to quit my job as a manager in the insurance industry to try to live a creative life. Since then I've struggled with all the difficulties involved in trying to make a living as a longarm quilter, make my own art and keep my family afloat financially. We're not bankrupt yet, so I guess we're okay.

I hope some of you will check in now and then - I see some fantastic things in my work every day that I'd love to share. It's a fun journey!

No comments: