Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A different perspective

Today is my Dad's birthday - we are having dinner with the family tonight at a local restaurant. I tend to talk about my Mum more than my Dad, probably because we spend more time together these days. But for several years Dad & I (and Sarah too) worked together at the same company. One of the things I enjoyed most about my time there was spending time with Dad in a non-family environment - you really have no choice but to have a grown-up relationship when you work together.

Dad and I don't always see eye to eye, in fact I think he often gets a kick out of disagreeing with me just for the lively discussion which inevitably follows. But I know I can rely on him to put things into perspective when it matters, and to help me see things from a different point of view.

Happy birthday Dad - I love you lots, even if I don't always show it.

No comments: