Sunday, November 12, 2006

A Meme on Sunday

Don't know about you guys, but I really like to read meme's on other people's blogs. I guess I'm something of a voyeur - I love a glimpse into someone else's life. So here's a meme I found on this blog for your voyeuristic pleasure...

Someone knocks on your door at 2am, who do you want it to be? Probably bad news in reality, but if I could choose? Hmmmm, can't really think of anyone I'd be happy to see at that time of the night.

Your boss tells you he/she will give you a $20 raise if you'll do your job naked. Do you stay and take the raise? Nobody needs to see me naked, not even the dogs (who are my working companions as I work for myself).

Put yourself in a nutshell. No thanks, I'm a bit claustrophobic...

Ever see a ghost? No, though I've sensed/felt them at different times in my life.

Happy with your body? No - this is one of my biggest issues at the moment. I've been avoiding mirrors.

A reason to move to Iceland. I don't know anyone there, though I'd love to visit.

A place you've lived that you miss. None really, I'm pretty happy with where I am right now.

A job you'd never do, no matter how much you were paid. Call centre operator - can't think of anything worse than cold calling and constant rejection.

A band/group you thought was cool when you were 13. Human League is one that springs to mind - the new romantics were so big in the eighties. I hadn't yet gained a real appreciation for rock and roll.

You have a nightmare, who's the first person you think to call? I'd just snuggle closer to my sweetie & try to go back to sleep.

Wanna have kids before you're 30? Well, I did. And I can't imagine having another baby at the age I am now (in my 30's) so I guess that was for the best, wasn't it?

A memory from high school. High school was a blur of awkwardness, hormones and rebelliousness. Constant anxiety.

Ever had a crush on a friend's parent? No, definitely not.

Do you look more like your mom or dad? I look alot like my Mum (so much that relatives I've never met come up to me in public, pronouncing "You must be an O'Leary girl!" (this has happened several times in recent years). But I think my personality/dispositon is more like my Dad.

Something you've always wanted to learn to do. There are so many things I'd love to learn - latin dancing, to speak another language, to play an instrument, to be confident in social situations. I have regretted for years my lack of tertiary education, but have plans to remedy that situation.

How you'd like your life to be in 10 years. I'd like to be more content with myself.

Something you learned this year. That I'm not as strong as I thought I was.

What do you want for your birthday? I'm yearning for an Ipod (but maybe I'll get one for Christmas!).

Name 4 things you did yesterday. Taught a class; caught up with the blog; worked on one of my latest artworks; cooked pizza for dinner.

Last item you bought yourself? Some gorgeous hand-made glass beads.

What did you have for breakfast? Cereal & juice.

Name a celeb you crush on. I have to agree with this one - David Tennant aka Doctor Who.

Name the last 3 songs you heard. Hmmm, I was listening to Chris Isaak earlier, so I guess three of his songs - Only the Lonely, Blue Hotel, Somebody's Crying.

How many hours of sleep do you get each night? About 7 hours.

What do you wish you were doing right now? Travelling.

Who's the first person in your phone book on your cell? My son Adam.

Last time you witnessed a fight? Couldn't say, unless you count the kids' bickering.

Name 3 places you'd like to travel to. Paris, London, New York.

Do you know how to ice skate? Yes, but not lately.

Name something you like that's out of the ordinary. Misty, rainy days.

Is bigger really better? Probably not (unless we're talking about chocolate).

What do you think of Brad Pitt? Too pretty for my taste.

What color are your toenails.Moss green.

Do you own anything with a skull on it? No (though my son has some socks with skulls).

Traveled to Europe? Only in my dreams.

Last movie you watched? The Island - not a bad flick, but nothing to write home about.

Where were you when you had your first kiss? Behind a tree in the playground, I think I was in third grade (little hussy).

Last board game you played? Scrabble.

Leather or lace? Leather, definitely.

Ever had a black eye? Yes, when I had my wisdom teeth out. Looked like a battered woman and drew many odd glances when I went out in public.

Have you ever worn fishnet stockings? Once, to a "perverts & prostitutes" fancy dress party.

There you have it! Let me know in comments if you want to pick up this meme, so I can read your answers.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Your fishnet stockings answer cracked me up. There's got to be a story behind that one!

catsmum said...

I'm saying the same thing here as I did over on the Blog you got the MeMe from: David Tennant is gorgeous in a quirky sort of way. Have you seen him in Casanova or Blackpool?

Anonymous said...

hi mum its adam iv been readng this blog
and suddenly i feel really proud of you mum,
of your work and of your life, id like to say well done