Saturday, March 17, 2007

Since last time we met...

We have celebrated my son Adam's 15th birthday - can you believe he's 15? My parents and my brother Dave with his family came over for a BBQ dinner. 4yo Sidney had a fun time helping his big cousin blow out all those candles.


I have finished as many client quilts as I could, including this one which belongs to Carol. It is her version of my Southerly Change quilt class, and turned out looking great. I couldn't decide which flower from my repertoire would look best, so I used lots of different ones!

I've been working on my art school projects. I want to do well, so have been investing much of my time in the late evenings in finishing drawings and keeping my visual diaries up-to-date with notes and so on. This is one of the wire sculptures I've made - I call it "hide & seek".

I've been teaching my students how to make covered journals. It has proved to be a very successful and entertaining class, with a bit of fabric painting, a bit more free-motion quilting and just a little construction work. The journals and diaries pictured are all mine (cause I forgot to take along my camera) but the variety of work produced in these classes has been wonderful!
I have also been circuit training at the gym at least five times a week for the last month, which is a HUGE effort for me - I am notoriously bad at exercising and keeping up an exercise regime for more than a week or two. I'm in week five now, and have seen some good results (and am feeling much better already).

So now you all know why I've been too busy to blog. I'll try to be better, but I can't make any promises!!

3 comments:

Deb R said...

Happy Birthday to Adam.

I love that sculpture! You really captured the feeling of Hide & Seek.

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see your sculpture.

Brenda

Sonji Hunt said...

I have to force myself to exercise indoors...I really only like to ride my bike outside so I pack on the pounds during the winter. In February, we bought a rowing machine. I love it but still have to force myself to do it. I feel a lot better, but I just think I am mentally opposed to exercise.

The covered books are lovely! As is the gestural sculpture. Lively...like exercising. Agh.